A specialty of flexo printing is print with radiation UV curing inks. While solvent or water based inks dry physically in flexo printing there will be a polymerization of colours or lacquers by the influence of UV radiation. The curing reaction takes just a split seconds. This reduces process typical appearances of flexo printing. At the same time it facilitates also the imprint of difficult materials as for example plastics or metallic films.
Advantages of flexo printing:
- Fast set-up times
- High ink coverage, high colour brilliance
- Up to 10 colours in only one pass
- Almost offset quality by flexo CTP (Computer to Plate Technology)
- High light fastness by special inks
- Printing widths up to 410 mm