The Management Policy of GERMARK, S.A. is based on the commitment to continuous improvement, through the following principles:
- Quality is meeting the requirements of our customers, and it is achieved by doing our job correctly.
- The method to obtain Quality is to plan, prevent and do things right the first time.
- Quality in our work is the fundamental tool for continuous improvement.
GERMARK is distinguished by the Quality of its products and services. This Quality is the result of the effort and work of all the Organization’s staff.
For this, the GERMARK Management undertakes to:
- Maintain a complete and versatile infrastructure, organized to respond flexibly and without failure.
- Maintain a fair and responsible conduct and become aware of both its contribution to economic development and its corporate civil responsibility with society in general and its workers and collaborators in particular.
- Have willing people who respond in an agile, precise and intelligent way, with personal contributions beyond the mere execution of their routine tasks, and in turn forming this human capital to maximize customer satisfaction through the service provided, through the correct performance of their duties, with appropriate behaviors and attitudes, especially in relation to the recognition of the rights inherent to the human condition.
- Incorporate as collaborators suppliers capable of integrating into the approaches and service demands of our clients. In the case of having subcontractors, hiring only people or organizations that have demonstrated that their conduct and their professional or business practices respond to the same levels of commitment to social ethics, legality and the prevention of occupational risks as those of our organization.
- Collaborate with our long-term clients to help them decorate and identify their products.
- Develop its activities promoting continuous improvement and pollution prevention in the various phases of our processes through the establishment and review of objectives and goals.
- Manage and control all environmental aspects generated by our activities and minimize their impact and waste whenever possible, including reducing the consumption of natural resources and controlling the acquisition of forest raw materials.
- Implement and enforce the food safety requirements of the application standards in the processes that influence their result, their monitoring and continuous improvement and compliance with the legal, health and particular aspects of each client without affecting their quality.
GERMARK’s Management also undertakes to comply with current legislation and other applicable requirements in environmental matters and to have the necessary means for the implementation, development and effectiveness of the Integrated Management System for Quality, Environment, Food Safety and the System of Chain of custody.
In addition, it declares that it is not directly or indirectly involved in any of the following activities:
- Illegal logging or trade in illegal timber or forest products;
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or other uses;
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Fundamental Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
The organization’s commitment will also extend to:
- CHILD LABOR: Not hiring workers below the legal minimum age.
- EQUALITY: Promoting non-discrimination, equal opportunities and respect.
- NON-DISCRIMINATION: For reasons of gender, race or religion, promoting and carrying out non-discriminatory practices.
- FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Respecting the right of its employees to form part of a union and to represent workers both exclusively at the labor level (union delegate) and health and safety (prevention delegate).
- FORCED LABOR: Rejecting the use of forced labor and retention of original identity documents of workers.
For this, the Directorate considers of vital importance the education and training of all the personnel who work for the Organization and on its behalf, as well as maintaining communication channels that allow a correct flow and analysis of the information in the Organization that facilitates the management and improvement of all the processes included within the Integrated Management System for Quality, Environment, Food Safety and Chain of Custody.
For the application of this policy, objectives are defined in accordance with it, which are periodically reviewed to ensure compliance.
Managing Director Cornellà de Llobregat, may 2021